CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ruffff!

So as you might know, I was cast in as Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. And honestly its taken up a lot of my time and emotions. I'll go from being terrified to excited. Nervous and then thrilled. Its been a roller coaster, but I am so glad I have this show. I think its really helped me have something positive to focus on. My directors are amazing. Its so good to work with Schmid again. I forgot how great an influence he was in my life and I think he's enjoying working with me again too. And our vocal coach, Sue, is such a blessing. She is always giving me the strength and confidence to believe in myself again. Not to mention how my singing is getting better! She's turning into a talent psychologist for me because she listened to my fears and helps me embrace who I am and improve myself. I really am so blessed. 
The cast is amazing as well. At first I was kind of disappointed because there are a ton of high school kids and children and then there are all older adults. No one my age at all! I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb, not physically because I look like I'm 16, but mentally and emotionally. But now that I've spent some time and gotten to know them, we all really do work so well together. (Schmid is great at casting) I have learned a lot from the high schoolers, they have so much passion and drive. I forgot how easily it is to just fall into the theatre world in high school. Few distractions and awesome opportunities. And many of them actually have quite impressive resumes! I laugh so much with them and have so much fun. Here are some pictures of rehearsal: (I know I don't look very happy in these, apparently I looked like I was very focused :P But I really did laugh incredibly hard most of the time)

Myself, CJ (Scarecrow), Trevor (Lion), and 
Merrick (understudy for Tin Man)

This was after a super funny moment so CJ started
laughing.... I was trying not to...

My absolute favorite person in the entire world,
Trevor Blair everyone.

The man in the bottom left of this picture is my director,
Schmid. I added this picture because his face is the
true expression of our laughter that night.

2 comments:

  1. How cool! I wish I lived closer so I could come see you! I love the Wizard of Oz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like cj is proposing in that second picture.

    ReplyDelete